Stay warm this Winter with these tips and tricks.
- Replace the filter on your heating unit to protect your unit and help clean the air.
- Set your thermostat lower when you are sleeping or leave the house. Investing in a good programmable thermostat can save you money on your heating bills.
- Turn off exterior faucets and disconnect the hoses. Drain any remaining water to reduce the chance of freezing or burst pipes.
- Set ceiling fans on reverse so they push warm air down.
- Close crawlspace vents.
- Have your fireplace inspected before you use it. Make certain the flu and vents are in good working order.
- Have a professional clean and service your heating system. Its easier (and warmer) to replace parts before they fail.
- Check the caulking and insulation around doors and windows.